Friday, March 8, 2013

Turkey for you...

Finally arrived in Istanbul. My 1st impression of Turkey is people are friendly and one can't help to notice that their smiles are sincere, observed from the moment I stepped out from the plane. The trolley experience is simply unforgettable for a lady in distress ;). After traveling many hours I simply refused to carry my bags so I opted for the airport trolley instead.  While attempting to pull a trolley from a row of them, a gentleman approached me and told me that I need 1 lira. He asked me if I have any but unfortunately I only have dollar notes with me. He was kind to give me his 1 lira and pulled a trolley out for me. Now that's Turkish hospitality for you! So thankfully I recall how to say thank you in Turkish - teşekkür ederim. When I head to the exit, we say our goodbyes. The hand gesture of waving at each other is universal for goodbye :) 

Finally met my team - Ants and Anand, while mingled with the others too namely Aaron, Reji and yes, the team that made all this happened from day 1 - DOT. meeting was good and it's always nice to meet people face to face :)

More to come today....after breakfast and team event

No comments:

Post a Comment